November 08, 2013 – December 10, 2013
Road Patrol Deputy
$22.23 - $28.71/hr. (2013 Wage Scale)
Under the supervision of a command officer, performs general duty police work in the protection of life and property throughout the county. Maintains law and order, prevents crime, deals with complaints, and renders emergency assistance to the public as a uniformed officer. Also may serve civil papers. Work is performed in accordance with departmental rules and regulations and standard methods and practices. A degree of independent initiative and judgment must be exercised by the employee under emergency conditions. The work may involve an element of danger.
This is a full-time position.
The qualified candidate will have the following knowledge and skills:
· The ability to quickly learn law enforcement methods, practices and procedures.
· To gain a good working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws and to attain efficiency in the methods and practices of criminal investigation expected.
· Ability to carry out instructions and swiftly adopt an effective and sound course of action, as well as an ability to deal fairly and effectively with the public is necessary.
· Good powers of observation, sound judgment, good moral character, combined with excellent physical and mental condition, courage, strength and the ability to withstand stress required.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
1. Graduation from high school and M.C.O.L.E.S. licensure required, preferably supplemented by specialized training courses in employees field of specialty. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
3. Able to pass rigid physical examination and thorough background investigations.
Online Application, with resume and cover letter, accepted at:
www.miottawa.org until December 10, 2013.
Manistee County Sheriff's Office
POSITION OPENING: JAIL ADMINISTRATOR
Jail Administrator Duties:
• Responsible for supervising safety and security of the county jail
• Develops and implements rules, regulations and policies governing jail operations
• Drafts and administers the operational budget for the jail
• Manages all staff assigned to jail
• Coordinates food services and all healthcare contracts
• Responsible for short and long range planning of jail operations
Population Serving - 25,000
Staff: 11 Fulltime Correction Officers
Capacity: 68 Beds / Average Daily Population 45-50
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000 Based on Education, Experience and Management Training / and other fringe benefit pkg
Smart Communications located in Tampa Florida is
interested in hiring a retired Sheriff to help promote their products to
agency's in Michigan. These products are proven and are changing the way jails
do business. WE have an excellent reputation and will provide references. This
is an arm chair job but the rewards are huge. Please contact Jim Logan at
941 799 1586
Retired Undersheriffs, Chief Deputies, Majors, Captains and Jail Administrators are encouraged to apply as well.
Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Law Enforcement Division, Conservation Officer Recruit vacant positions - learn more >
Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Environmental Investigations Section, is taking applications for a Conservation Officer Detective - learn more >
JOB POSTING DISCLAIMER
The Michigan Sheriffs' Association Educational Services Inc. provides this listing of job openings as a service. Inclusion on this job posting page does not constitute an endorsement on the part of the Michigan Sheriffs' Association Education Services Inc. nor have we checked job listings for accuracy. The site visitor assumes all risks associated with downloading information from individual sites linked from this page. The Michigan Sheriffs' Association Education Services Inc. reserves the right to refuse job postings.